By reading my website, including information about my coaching services, blogs and emails, or participating in my coaching programme, you acknowledge that I am a qualified coach but I am not a licensed psychologist or medical professional and my services do not replace the care of psychologists or other medical professionals. Coaching is in no way to be construed or substituted as psychological counselling or any other type of therapy or medical advice.
All coaching services and communication, email or otherwise, delivered by Lindsey Hood, as well as information set forth on this website (lindseyhood.net) are meant to help you identify the areas in your life and in your thinking that may be standing in your way. However, coaching is not professional mental health care or medical care. If you feel psychologically stressed or disturbed, to the point that it is interfering with your ability to function, please seek the help you need from a medical doctor and or professional counsellor. Coaching may support other therapies, but the work of coaching is meant to be done when major emotional and psychological wounds are already healing or healed.
My commitment to you is that I will always exercise my best professional efforts, skills and care. I offer a non-judgemental, safe space for you to explore how to achieve your goals, support in putting plans in place and discuss mindset strategies. I acknowledge we are all unique and have different goals and aspirations in life. However, I cannot guarantee the outcome of coaching efforts and/or recommendations on my website, blog or email series and my comments about the outcome are expressions of opinion only. I cannot make any guarantees other than to deliver the coaching services purchased as described. You will be responsible for the results you achieve.
In that spirit, by using this website and purchasing coaching services from me, you confirm that you have read and agree to each statement:
- I understand that the coaching services I will be receiving from Lindsey Hood are not offered as a substitute for professional mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. I also understand that Lindsey Hood is not acting as a mental health counsellor or a medical professional.
- I understand that coaching is, at present, an unregulated industry. Lindsey Hood is a member of the Association for Coaching and abides by the Global Code of Ethics as set out by the Association for Coaching and European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching sessions, and subsequently, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment, and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
- I understand that all comments and ideas offered by Lindsey Hood are solely for the purpose of aiding me in achieving my defined goals.
- I understand that Lindsey Hood is not promising outcomes. I need to complete the necessary work and am solely responsible for the results I achieve.
- I understand that the use of technology is not always secure and I accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Zoom, Skype and other technology.
- I commit to attend all scheduled meetings or give a minimum of 24 hours notice to reschedule.